[EDGE] - Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeServersLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

A guide for Roleplay

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
TheGreatName
TheGreatName

A guide for Roleplay  Empty
PostSubject: A guide for Roleplay    A guide for Roleplay  EmptyTue Nov 01, 2011 8:02 am

So, there is a few guys out there who dont know how to roleplay and i desperatly want to change that: **NOTE BEFORE READING** Everything in this guide is completley opinionated and anything that doesn't sound right or needs imporving, do not hessitate to PM me or post below Smile

The Basics

Role-playing or 'RP' for short is a type of communication that involves you playing out of your own comfot zone, to be able to RP you must have some degree of self confidence within yourself, gaining this confidence is a easy thing to do, start Role-playing by typing in chat, then as you get more and more used to the people you Role-play with you expand in your comfort zone making you able to 'Speak Role-play' You do not have to use Voice chat to Role-play somtimes it is better to use chat than Voice comm. *Something which crossed my mind was the fact you may be embarassed to Role-play! My answer to that is, don't be, your behind a computer on a game, be whoever you desire to be, if you wana Role-play but feel as though your going to get laughed at, then ask yourself this: Who? Why? No one on this server should ever disrespect anyone for trying to RP, infact i love people who get into the RP spirit, the main reason i love this server is because when we do RP, i know it's good RP! And why would they laugh? If they laugh, then they my friends are nothing but bad people, they come on a Role-play server to laugh at Role-players, if so they need to get there eyes checked* Remember people, 'You hold the key, and only you can open the door'

How to role-play

Role-playing can be very basic, or very complex. The usual example of role-playing is a story about 'My family all was killed by zombies, now im out to take revenge' Or the one i like, but to me is still very basic is 'My whole family has ran away and i must find them before the infection does!' I do like both of these, but in order to become more complex you must use very in depth-volcabulary, the type of language, whether it dates back to Shakesperian times, or is in the future. Your volcabulary is a KEY step into becoming a better Role-player.
When on a Zombie RP Server, it's kind of difficult to think out of the box on what to RP about, here is a little starter to what i may RP about.
'Thou ist not ready to depart onto the underworld only to rise back as a undead demon, i must fight to the death!' - The vocabulary in which i used in that sentence is quite clear that it dates around to the Shakesperien times. The obvious words are the 'Thou and depart also, undead demon' This was only a short statement. But there is somthing that i learned back in High school, 'You can write a lot, from a little' Meaning that the short statement i left you with, can open many doors for you to expand on. Does he/she die? Survive, does it just end with a cliff hanger, does it involve anyone else, 'Only you can open the doors to fufill your dreams'

Let's try and write, together!

So, im going to make up a quick 5 minute story off the top of my head which is going to involve, the server and some people from it.
Please, do enjoy A guide for Roleplay  650269930

Una porro nos exsurgere atque pugnarent! - Together, we rise up and fight!
'One cannot only whitness the future, he can be a part off it' As wise man told me that, i laugh at that beedraggled old man now, as he stated that in a good way and sorry but who can be happy in a abomination wasteland? No one can, thats who!
I sit here, in this motel waiting for signs of life, well human life that is, while the undead sneak about below me.
As im gazing at the stunningly dreadfull scoourge i see somthing glitter and shine in the distance, it's coming from the old abandoned warehouse that got prety much dismantled by the undead as they killed the inhabitants who well, inhabited it.. but this glitter in the distance isnt some sort of light or mirror, it's a gun and not just any gun, if im not mistaken thats a rare Desert Eagle and i have only ever seen one of them in my Zombie life. I take cover underneath the door while peering out of the crevis in the wall watching this figure move about more stalthy than any person i've layed my eyes on!
More importnatly, this is the only actuall moving Bacteria thats actually good for you that ive seen in months, perhaps even a year! but whos counting?
I look more closeley i see some mask, a blue mask to be percise and a blue suit, well a suit is a small tidy clothing item, this was like Armor!
Was he hunting people, or zombies? I didnt care, he has a gun and armor, i needed help and it seemed like the perfect idea...
Only, once again...Im wrong the guy looks up at me, takes off his mask and shouts 'Bad idea' Im in a trance of confusion and horrification? If thats even a word...Anyway i shout, 'Why' he laughs and snarly says 'Don't open your door for atleast 1 year hahaha' And runs of shooting and distracting the undead while he makes it down some dark looking allyway which appears to be just next to the Public House that was run by the Davisons who are now, well dead.

*You can carry on the story, or you can laugh at my attempt to make a bit of a story about a guy, no name is given, no background to him is given, why? I want it to stay mysterious and confusing to the reader, allthough you can portray it any way you like!*

Please do give me any feedback on my attempt to share with you my opinions on how to RP, this isnt the best guide indefinetly, but im attempting to help any new people on the server and forums to get them used to Role-play and to participate in RP.

Your's well and truly, TheGreatName!
Back to top Go down
Danbready
Administrator
Administrator
Danbready

A guide for Roleplay  Empty
PostSubject: Re: A guide for Roleplay    A guide for Roleplay  EmptyTue Nov 01, 2011 8:12 am

Stickied
Well-Written Tongue
Back to top Go down
http://www.ldt-clan.com

A guide for Roleplay
Page 1 of 1