[EDGE] - Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeServersLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Forum Posting Guide

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Danbready
Administrator
Administrator
Danbready

Forum Posting Guide Empty
PostSubject: Forum Posting Guide   Forum Posting Guide EmptyMon Aug 22, 2011 9:49 am

If you are not experienced with forum usage then please read!

In order to improve the quality of this forum, I'd like everyone to post according to the following guidelines.
I know, it is long, but just do a quick read. Cheesy

Grammar, spelling, punctuation and paragraphs.
English may not be your primary language, but it the most widely used language online.

Mozilla Firefox has a built-in spell checker, I recommend you install the plugin, it helps a lot.
Simple gramatical mistakes are fine but no text talk or any related type of chat!

Also, paragraph your posts and make them readable, don't make someone read a plain box of text. People won't read it anyway.

When you are done with typing your post, please review it before so you can eliminate any spelling mistakes etc.
Doing so will make sure your post is neat, understandable, and contains exactly what you wanted to express.
OR
You may notice the post contains less valuable information than you initially planned, and you may choose to simply remove it.

So when you are done typing, read your post and ask yourself:
*Is it really useful/valuable to the topic?
*Does it express what I wanted to say?
*The information I provided, is it unique/new or am I parroting?

Copy Catting.
Don't be a copy cat. This means repeating what someone else already said (possibly in other words).
Example:
When someone asks for help and someone has posted a solution to his/her problem and another user posts the same solution but in different words.

On/off topic
Of course we are allowed to have some chit chat and enjoy ourselves but there is a limit..
Serious threads I.e Reports or any other serious topic shouldn't been thrown off topic.

If you feel your thread has been "hijacked" by users then ask a admin to clean up the thread.

Double posting
Do not double-post. In other words: two posts of the same user right after eachother with no other posts in between.
When you forgot to add certain information to a post, EDIT your post and add it in.

Kicking up dead topics. (Topic Bumping)
Do not post on threads older than a few days to a week, even if it is not locked. Locking all topics is asking too much of the admins. So i plead to you that you read the date of the last post and if it is over a few days or a week old. Do NOT post.

Exceptions to double posting and necro-posting:
You can double post or bump a topic for these and only these reasons:
There is at least 24 hours between a doublepost.
The new posts contains valuable on-topic information and is so important it is worthy of a double-post.
It is one of your work-in-progress-threads where you need to update the information.
The thread is a sticky.

Thank from the EDGE staff.

Back to top Go down
http://www.ldt-clan.com

Forum Posting Guide
Page 1 of 1